Friday, November 14, 2008

For the Love of Colour

I think it is pretty obvious that I am a huge fan of colour. Oscar Wilde said "Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways."

I love this quote and have decided to feature a couple of items that speak to my soul in a thousand different ways.
Heaven's Dawn II is by one of my favourite Etsy artists, Natasha Wescoat. Her use of colour just knocks me over.
My good friend Celeste from Crickets Creations knows a lot about the use of colour. Her creations are always so special and they most definitely speak to my soul...especially when it's cold, :0) This Cotton Candy scarf is a perfect example of her love of colour.

And finally one of my own creations. My new necklace, Punjab is an example of how I perceive and work with colour. Check it out at my Etsy shop: Early Bird Creations.


3 comments:

ginny said...

Your love of color is evident, I agree Kylie. I always associate both you and Celeste with luscious, saturated, wonderful color!

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

Thanks so much, Kylie (& Ginny)!! I notice there are rich golds in each of the items you're featuring today...is that to remind us that you're surrounded by the Australia sun these days?
Celeste (Crickets)

KilaRohner.com said...

Beautiful displays of color, Kylie! And a perfect quote to compliment it.